- Derby Favorite Eskendereya was withdrawn from the Derby.
- Rule was also withdrawn.
- Lookin at Lucky is now the new 3/1 Derby Favorite (whether he deserves it or not).
- Endorsement is possibly facing some physical issues.
How does a horseplayer handle these developments? Here is what I would recommend:
- Don't lock into any horse right now.
- Realize the remaining horses, on speed figures, are very, very close together. This is the most "wide open" Derby I can remember in my 22 years watching and betting the race.
- Get as much information from "alternative media" as you can - twitter, facebook, DRF,
- Horseplayernow.com and Brisnet.com live chats.
- Try to ELIMINATE as many horses as possible without eliminating the winner!
Good luck, and if there is anything to post I will do so on Tuesday. Otherwise I will look at the field after the Wednesday afternoon draw.